Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
19897260

I can not download itunes 10.6.3 and apple mobile device support.

Customer Question

I can not download itunes 10.6.3 and apple mobile device support. Error message 0x8007054f
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 1 year ago.

Jesse :

grt

Jesse :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is Jesse, and I'm here to help.

Customer :

good how do we fix the problem

Jesse :

Try following the instructions here for removing and reinstalling everything related to iTunes on your computer. Make sure you uninstall everything listed, then restart.

Customer :

I followed these on line instructions before. I just followed them again. Same result - can not install iTunes same error code 0x8007054F

Customer :

Hi Jesse, would you please review my pboblem again. Following these instructions did not work. Chris.

Jesse :

Sorry for the delay

Jesse :

Before doing anything else, download the following update from Microsoft:

Jesse :

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14431#filelist

Jesse :

Then try iTunes again.

Customer :

Hi Jesse, this url takes me to a microsoft download site with several options, I don't know which download to download?

can you send em thjis url agaim please. thanks. chris.

Jesse :

Okay, lets try it another way. Do you know how to open and run software update?

Customer :

from the start button?

Customer :

I found the microsoft servcie pack download site, can you tell me which version I should download? thanks

Customer :

Hi Jesse, are you still with me?

Jesse :

Still here. The X86 version should work for you.

Customer :

Some progress - I was able to install itunes (still need to test it) but the mobile support module has not installed. This is the module that has given me issues, Since June, have not been able to synchronize my iPOD Touch with itunes on my PC. I think itunes needs the mobile support module to recognize iPOD Touch. How do download the mobile support module?

Thanks. Chris.

Customer :

I'm here now, any solution for the mobile support module? Chris.

Jesse :

Now that you've been able to install iTunes, lets do a clean uninstall (from the directions i posted earlier), then full reinstall. The mobile module is included when you cleanly install iTunes, it's all a single package.

Customer :

Let me try this, will take about 10 -15 mins. But why does the mobile module keep having issues? firstly failing to work and now failing to install? Chris.

Customer :

also I don't hace Quick Time is this needed or nice to have?

Jesse :

It likely has to do with the Windows update. Those updates come out for good reasons.

Jesse :

You should see it in the list of options to uninstall. If you don't, then it's definitely important to reinstall iTunes completely. That's a crucial component

Customer :

will do.

Jesse :

Okay, just let me know how it goes.

Customer :

Hi Jesse, I installed Quick Time and then uninstalled itunes following the order specified in the instructions. I restarted the PC, tuned off McAfee and installed itunes again. Turned on McAfee. Same problem persists, iTunes is installed and running on the PC. Error message Apple Mobile Device Support module failed to install - thus I can not synchronize my iPOD Touch with itunes.

I need to sleep now but will check in tomorrow around 7pm UK. Lets see whatelse we can do to fix the mobile device problem.

Thanks, Chris.

Jesse :

Okay, whenever you're back, do the following:

1. Startup your computer in Safe Mode.
2. Uninstall Quicktime and Itunes, and anything else again, then reinstall. Make sure you're still in safe mode and try the install again.

Customer :

What is safe mode?

Customer :

How do I start computer in Safe Mode?

Jesse :

What kind of computer is it?

Customer :

Dell Inspiron Laptop. windows 7.

Jesse :

Okay, hold down F8 while you restart the computer

Customer :

Sorry Jesse, no luck. Restarted under F8 = Safe Mode. This gave several repair options which I ignored. Should I take a repair option? itunes would not load in safe mode so I restarted normally. Same problem Apple Mobile Device Support failed to install. The rest of itunes is working fine but not the Mobile/Ipod Touch connection.

What's next? would it help to plug in the iPod Touch before I install iTunes???

Jesse :

Jesse :

Okay, do you have another computer you can connect the iPod to?

Customer :

no

Jesse :

Plugging the iPod in wouldn't change anything. I'm going to Opt Out so another expert can assist you.

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for continuing to review this question. Yes, I need an answer because I can not sync my iPod Touch with iTunes. The Apple Mobile Device Support module does not download when, under Jesse's guidance, I uninstall and then reinstall iTunes and Quicktime. We tried this several times and it failed each time. I am in no great hurry.

If you need me to log on, please text my mobile on

+44 (0) XXXXXXXXXX /p>

I do hope you can help otherwise my iPod touch will not sync my Dell Laptop - I'm stuck. Many thanks. Chris.

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks. chris.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name is Dustin, And I am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

Hi, before we try anything, I would like to ask you a few questions.

Starting with, before you tried to download the 10.6.3 version of itunes, did you already have itunes installed and working on this same windows 7 pc?

Also, if you completely shut down the computer.. Start it, go to windows update inside your computer, and check your update history. Have the last few updates failed ( for their status)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, iTunes older version already installed and working fine with iPOD Touch. The last few updates had failed but was able to complete all updates with install now. No more failed updates.

Chris

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Im not one hundred percent clear about your last message.

Are you saying that you were able to get itunes 10.6.3 downloaded and installed?

Or were you just referring to windows updates Chris.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Most of iTunes is installed, but the Mobile Device Support module failed to install - 4 times. As a result, I can purchase songs from the iTunes Store but I can not sync iTunes with my iPOD Touch. The Sync function stopped working about 6 weeks ago.

Hope you can help. Chris.