Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience

how do I retrieve deleted internet history on my ipad?

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the question. If you have deleted the internet history, you can only recover it by restoring from a backup taken from iTunes or an iCloud backup. You can check the latest iCloud backup by going to Settings -> iCloud -> Storage & Backup. If iCloud Backup is set to ON, it should tell you the last backup date/time at the very bottom of the screen.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't understand. Can I insert a backup date in iCloud and have my iPad internet history restored to that date? Can I upload the internet history onto an external device so I have it for future use, if needed?

You can only restore the full backup from the date it was taken, so it's not possible to specify the date. It is also not possible to export history, so the only option in restoring history from a particular date is to restore the backup.