David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified

I Registered My Seagate Dashboard 750gb To Mac,but I Cant Get

I Registered My Seagate Dashboard 750gb To Mac,but I Cant Get It To Open.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

Open Disk Utility, which is in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder.

Select the Seagate icon, and click the Partition tab to the right.

Change 'Current' to 'One Partition' and then click the Options button below.

Select GUID and click OK.

Give the drive a name in the top right, you can choose but no special characters.

Then the Format should be Mac OS X Extended (Journaled), and click Apply in the bottom right.

When it is complete, quit Disk Utility, and open a Finder window.

Scroll down on the sidebar on the left, and click on your Seagate disk.

Now you can choose to backup using. time Machine, or transfer data to it.

Please get back to me if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i dont see a disk utility in application, all i see is Applicatoins folder

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Open the Applications folder. Inside there is a Utilities folder, open that. There you will see Disk Utility.

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there's a Apple script utility,but no disk utility

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Scroll to the end, and open the Utilities folder, Disk Utility is in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder.

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry David ,but there is a utility folder but no disk utility inside

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Click the Spotlight icon in the very top right of your screen, and type Disk Utility. Then click on it to open it.

If you don't see it still, click the Apple in the top left, and 'About This Mac'. What version of OS X does it say?

Regards,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok i see where there is Documents,and pdf Documents

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

What version of OS X are you sing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have the mac osx 10.4.11

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Click Finder icon on the Dock, then click the Go menu on the menu bar at the top, and click Utilities. Scroll through the Finder window to find Disk Utility.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still no luck David

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

In Finder, go to the Utilities folder, then click View menu, and select List. They're listed alphabetical, and Disk Utility should be there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still Dave no luck sir.do you think it was erase'd.i dont know.

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

No, I don't think so. What is the first item you see in the Utilities folder?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Abode flash player, then a contents folder

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

What's below Adobe Flash Player?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

micosoft office is first sorry,then Apple sript,then Appleworks

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

That sounds like the wrong folder. What does it say at the top of the Finder window?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

about finder

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Click the Finder menu, and click New Finder Window. What does it say at the top of that rectangle window, not in any menus.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dave i dont see a New finder window

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Click the File menu in Finder.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

a box pops up and say's new search

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Do you see Applications on the left? Click it, then click the View menu and choose As Columns. Scroll down the list of Applications, then click Utilities. In the column that appears to the right is the list of Utilities scroll that list to find Disk Utility.
David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dave its only two things in that column,one Abodeflashplayer ,and folder of contents

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
What is in Contents?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

code signatures,code Resources,info.plist,mac os ,pkg info,Resource.

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Then you will need to reinstall the missing Utilities. Do you have the discs that came with your mac?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no i sure dont it was a gift from a friend

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Click About This Mac again in the Apple menu, what does t say exactly about Processor?
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Is there any way I can still help? I can help you find discs to fix this.

Sincerely,
David.