David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified
39216975

I have an iPad II. It seems to be in a loop. The little circle

I have an iPad II. It seems to be in a loop. The little circle keeps going around and around. I cannot close turn the iPad on. Is there some way I can clear this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

Please press the Sleep/Wake button, and the Home button together, until the screen resets.

If this fails please get back to me for the next steps.

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I pressed both buttons and the circle did stop.

Then I started the iPad, got to my initial screen, and then shut it down again. The circle started to spin and did not stop.

I then pressed both buttons and the circle stopped again.

I do not consider this situation resolved.

What do I do next?

Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

No it's not resolved, I'll continue until you are happy.

Do you have a computer you can connect to iTunes? What type of computer is it?

Thanks in advance,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried the following two times, both successfully:

I turned the iPad on, went to a few apps, tried a few things, then went back to the initial screen.

I shut the iPad and it totally shut down.

I don't know why the circle kept turning the first time, but now it seems to work the way it should.

Thank you for your help.

Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

That's great! To prevent things like this happening you should connect your iPad to iTunes. Select it in the Sidebar. Click Sync, then Check For Updates, then Restore.

Kind regards,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have connected my iPad to iTunes but I cannot find anything that says 'sync'. The bar has 'music', 'movies', 'TV shows', 'Ping', 'Podcasts', Audiobooks', 'iTunes U', 'Purchased' and 'Downloads'.

What do I do now?

Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

Do you see Devices just under that, and an icon for your iPad?

Regards,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No.

Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

Are you connecting directly, with the Apple cable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No cable; just the iTunes app on my iPad. I don't have an Apple cable.

Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

Do you have a computer at all, to download iTunes onto?

It is not a big problem if you don't, as the iPad is working OK now.

Regards,
David.
David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified