Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

have an nano ipod and just bought a classic to store more music.

have an nano ipod and just bought a classic to store more music. connected ipod and downloaded all music onto new one. would like to give nano to hubby to use. how do i find out my apple id for that device and how do i set up an account in his name on that device. do i need to download a new version of itunes for him to use solely? thanks!

Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Connect your iPod to your computer and open iTunes. In iTunes, select your iPod and click the Restore button. This will restore your iPod to out of box state. Then you can give it to your hubby.

He can create a new iTunes account from here for his use :

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am in itunes. where do i find restore?

Select your iPod in iTunes under Devices list. You can find the Restore button under Summary tab. Can't you find it ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

everytime i connect the device it sends me straight to my library. i can not find any tab that lists devices.

See a sample picture below;
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you! got it!

You're welcome :) If you like my service, please rate me as Excellent Service.

Best Regards,