Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I am trying to upgrade to snow leopard, and onto mountain lion.

Customer Question

I am trying to upgrade to snow leopard, and onto mountain lion. Currently my OS is 10.5.8
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to Just Answers! I am excited to get started with you.

Appleologist :

Do you have your installation disk

Appleologist :

Hello, So you are currently running Leopard or snow leopard?

Appleologist :

Are you currently running Leopard or snow leopard?

JACUSTOMER-0v716049- :

Sorry for the delay...yes I now have my sw. And its leopard.

Appleologist :

Ok so you have your Snow leopard install disk? Can you load it

Appleologist :

??

JACUSTOMER-0v716049- :

yes...do it now?

JACUSTOMER-0v716049- :

done

Appleologist :

1. Ok, now restart your computer.

2. Hold down the option key and select the disk image

JACUSTOMER-0v716049- :

disc in and waiting further instructions.

Appleologist :

Yes, I know, I need you to restart your computer and hold down the option key. This is how we will install snow leopard

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Put the Snow Leopard disk in and restart holding down the letter C key until you see the Apple logo. When you get to the install screen DO NOT INSTALL, you will see at the top of the screen a Utilities menu drop down. Go the Disk Utility, when it opens select your drive on the left and select Verify Disk if OK also repair Permissions. If not OK try to Repair if Repair completes then Repair Permissions. Then quit Disk Utility and then you will see the install screen . Install choosing the option to Archive and Install if you don't have that option just install. Restart and run Software Update until no more updates are available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have leopard trying to get to snow leopard and then mountain lion.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes I know those are the directions to start, let me know after