Macs-a-million
Macs-a-million, Mac Genius
Experience:  Have worked for Apple's Ad agency and major magazines.
30884556

hi - i moved an application icon and before i could place it

Customer Question

hi - i moved an application icon and before i could place it where i wanted to , the hand slipped and released the mouse and it ended up in a window which i now cannot remove it from. i can take a screen grab so you know where it is
Category: Mac
Expert:  Macs-a-million replied 1 year ago.

I can help you with this. Can you please provide a screen grab? Also, can you tell me where you want to put the icon?

Thank you,

Josh G
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI - did you get the screen grab?

No, I'm sorry but I do not see an image. Can you try again? Alternatively, you can upload the image to www.sendspace.com and post the link here.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/89se9f

I was able to see the picture now. Thanks for setting that up. Ok, in order to help can you answer the following questions?:
1) Which icon are you trying to move?
2) To where are you trying to move it?
3) Did you try to drag and drop it to the new location again? Did you get any error messages when you tried?

Thanks again!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the drop box icon - top left corner of the grab shot

i would like to move it to under favourites

it won't let me grab it, move it or delete it...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have actually just worked it out... i had to go into toolbar to delete it but i still cannot get it under my favourites

OK, I see.

Here is what you need to do to remove the icon from where it is:

-Hold down the Command key (key next to space bar) as you mouse-click on the Dropbox icon in the top left corner.
-Keep holding the Command key as you drag the icon outside of the window.
-When you let go of the mouse the icon should disappear with a "poof".

And here is how you add it to Favorites:

-To put Dropbox into Favorites, open the Applications folder and find the Dropbox icon.
-Hold down the command keyboard button again and drag the Dropbox icon to the left under favorites.
-When you let go of the mouse it should appear under favorites.

I hope this answers your question!
Macs-a-million, Mac Genius
Experience: Have worked for Apple's Ad agency and major magazines.
I'm glad you were able to remove the icon. To add it to favorites, please see the second part of my post, above.

Cheers,

Thank you very much for the opportunity to help with this issue. If there is anything else computer related I can do to help in the future, please don't hesitate to ask for me by name.

Have a wonderful day!