Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I cant seem to download pdf files. Just get a blank screen

Customer Question

I can't seem to download pdf files. Just get a blank screen or says that download complete but nothing on screen. I have tried to find the files on my hard drive but not there. Any suggestions? I have a Mac OSx 10.5.8.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Are you using Safari to download the PDFs ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't know. I have Firefox and adobe reader.

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Are you using Firefox to download the PDFs ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't know.

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Could you please tell me how are you accessing internet and viewing/downloading PDFs on your Mac ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,For example, I go into a government file for info and it tells me I can download a pdf file. I click on that. Nothing else.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Right click on that PDF file link and can you see a option to Save the PDF file in the pop up menu ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I right clicked and can see the pop up, but I don't know how to save it. I don't see, the "save to PDF."

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Can you see anything starts with Save ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No.

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
When did this problem started ? Can you try to download the PDF from Safari browser ?

Safari is a browser like Firefox, you can find Safari in the Applications folder.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks. I'll try. I'm signing off now. I think I need some hands-on help to learn a bit more about my computer. I appreciate your help.

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Add a bookmark of this page, so we won't lose our connection.