Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

I created a .olm export on my macbook air. I specifically clicked

I created a .olm export on my macbook air. I specifically clicked "do not delete after archiving" yet all my messages in my folders were deleted after I re-booted. I then imported the .olm file and only my inbox messages have been archived, all sent items are missing (in fact no Sent Folder exists in the archive). Any idea how I can recover the sent messages?
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Which Outllok version do you have?

Why did you try to archive your messages?

Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I installed Outlook 2011 on my new MBA close to 2 years ago and have never archived. As of recently, my Outlook has been crashing a bit, I have deleted unwanted/junk mail but since I use this for work (I get close to 60 emails per day), my folders are simply very heavy (I'm an architect so my sent messages oftern have attachments of 5MB or slightly more). So I archived (naivly thinking it would be similar to the PC version of archiving) but found it a very different experience. After I had archived, it asked me to "Re-build" the identity which I tried but it kept giving me an error notice syaing "Cannot Rebuild Identity - Not enough space on start-up disk". Having experienced this before on a PC, I deleted unwanted images/photos etc and now have 50GB free space. When I re-started the PC, I found it had re-built and placed the new identity in the "Microsoft Data Usage folder under documents. All fine but it still doesn't resolve how I get my sent messages back? When I impoted the archived .olm file, only my deleted messages and inbox appears. Please help :(

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Greetings,

Thank you for your question and your time today.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I remote into your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes you may

Thank you.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=23e4389f-f607-40b1-9adb-7b26d888d9a2&SUPPORT=NET

Please, do not forget to click the Happy face on the bottom of this page and click Submit, if you are satisfied.

Thank you,
- Jason

Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience: Several years of supporting Mac systems.