Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a google voice account. I was able to get it set up

I have a google voice account. I was able to get it set up with my existing sprint phone number. Its set up on my iPad and recives calls and my iphone is set up and also gets calls. Im having problems on my new macbook pro. I can make calls when in my gmail but cant receive any calls in my gmail just on the other two devices the iphone and ipad. I downloaded google crome browser and also the plug ins but dont notice anything different when i downloaded the plug in? How can I recieve call on my apple computer why in my gmail? I tried following all the suggestions and instuctions online. I need help please.

Hi Todd, I just want to clarify that you want your voice mail 'to' your Google voice service to go to your Gmail account? I am not sure I am understanding your question, however, if this is correct, log into your Google voice and in the panel at the top, right hand side, click on the cog and go to 'settings' once in settings, click on "Voice mail and texts", under "Voice mail notifications" add your email to the box, or add any many emails to forward to as you like, also make sure the box is checked right underneath that for "Text Forwarding" and then click "Save changes". Please let me know if you have any further questions or I can be of further assistance.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My voicemail and texts already go to my email account. Im just trying to set it up so when im on my computer and a phone call comes in its rings so I can answer the call on my computer. Right now I have it set up to ring on my ipad and my iphone but cant figure out how to make my computer ring when a call comes in.

Thanks for clarifying this for me. Can you tell me are you using Google voice in Google mail or in chat? Or only the plug-in for Chrome. Thank you kindly, Todd.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Im not sure if im using google voice in google mail or chat?

Im logged into my gmail account.

On the bottom left it shows a phone tab and to the left of that another tab that i clcik to to mark my status and some other options. Then under this it says: Looks like you don't have anyone to chat with yet. Invite some contacts to get started.
Learn more

Maybe my plug in isnt doing anything? I have no idea I can usually figure this stuff out. Starting to think its going to take someone to physically look at my computer. Unless you can do a remote connect?

Its kind of confusing because I have one window I can log into for the google chat here: https://www.google.com/voice?pli=1#phones

but Im trying to use this link: https://mail.google.com/mail/#inbox. the mail link is the one im using and able to make calls out on but cant get any to ring in on my mail?

Hi Todd, all I can do is refer your question to another expert that has the remote tool. It is in beta testing now and only a few have it. If you're using your mail to receive the voice mail, then you will need open your Google Voice account, then click "Settings" in the upper right corner (cog), and choose "Voice settings". Check the box next to Google chat to have your google phone number forwarded to your gmail window. Try this and see if that is what you're wanting to do, if not, let me know and I will opt out of this question and get another expert with the remote access tool to assist you. Please let me know as I will be here on standby. Thanks, Jay
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Unfortunately those options are not working for me? I have no idea and already tried all of that. I think the only way to correct this issue is a remote connect so someone can get on my computer to resolve this issue. If this is possible that would be great. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Todd

Hi Todd. You bet! I will opt-out so another expert with the remote tool can assist you. Please know it may take a bit, so your patience is appreciated. Thanks and have a wonderful day. Jay
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I still want help and need to get this figured out. I'd prefer someone that can do a remote connect into my computer and fix this issue. I'm standing by for assistance

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is my case still open? I'm ready to start looking for someone else and just pay to have someone do a remote connect and fix the issue. Have I been charged for this service since its not been fixed?
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name isXXXXX am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

Im willing to do a remote connection and work the issue.

Do you have time for us to do so now, and are you currently logged onto the target Mac we want to fix?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes Im logged into my computer now. you can also phone me at XXX-XXX-XXXX if we need to talk why you set it up.

Unfortunately we cant call customers at this time, its just not a part of the current business model.

However, setting this up usually isnt too painful. Lets start here and see if we run into issues.

To start the connection please click the link below.

http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=4e001916-2d0e-4c77-92b5-1fc6ffb46314&SUPPORT=NET

accept the remote support terms.. Then, install the software.. If your antivirus asks you to allow it, please do so.

Once installed, make sure to click join on the software.

then send me a reply here saying " I have joined"
Or, Im having issues downloading, installing, joining.

Thanks!
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have joined

Excellent, Im connecting to you right now.

Please standby, and wait to reply untill you see me introduce myself in a pop up chat box on your screen.