CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified
63903440

I Have an i Mac that I purchased several years ago and since

I Have an i Mac that I purchased several years ago and since last night one part of the screen is flickering and now has a vertical black bar on the right, the partial screen left to the bar is fine but the other side of the bar has a unclear flickering icons.
My computer specs are:
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.20f4

CompExpert :

hi,
the problem you having is not software problem. unfortunately, the lcd panel backlight on your computer have pixel and some of those pixel are defective. most pixel on lcd panel work together in lines

CompExpert :

that you if one pixel go back other pixel within that line will likely to go bad with it

CompExpert :

the only way to fix it is to bring to apple store and have them replace the lcd panel

CompExpert :

imac 2006 - 2010 is common for bad pixel lines on lcd panel.

CompExpert :

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate bad or poor service, please stop and click on the "Reply to Expert" link with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX afraid of that but I had a feeling that that was the answer.