Toby K.
Toby K., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  17+ years of IT support
61870206

When I try my safari icon..screen pops up forbidden to use

Customer Question

When I try my safari icon..screen pops up forbidden to use safari.. why?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Toby K. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question today. Does your error message look like this or similar message?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

If so, it is because Parental Controls are setup on the computer. To turn them off, an administrator would have to go Apple > System Preferences > Parental Controls > enable Safari for access.

If that is not the error message, reply back with the exact error message or possibly a screenshot. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No that is not what screen looks like. The message is written out in black

type saying...Forbidden to use safari. Safari the only internet server i have so can't get online but able to get on facebook because of the bar at top.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the screen says in large print forbidden then under that says that i dont have permission to be on safari.

Expert:  Toby K. replied 2 years ago.
I'm still not familiar with the error or why it would appear. Are you the only user account on this computer? Would there be any program installed that would prevent you access from certain apps?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Today I found out that aol was blocking my ability check my mail due to weird activity on my account. After changing password its all fixed. So maybe the problem with being blocked from safari was really that aol was blocking me. Dont know what the weird activity was but changing my password has solved the problem. Thanks for your help anyway.

Expert:  Toby K. replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome. It was nice working with you. Have a good holiday.