Michelle
Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.
70409726

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

I have a problem, lost my phone - but I think it's in the office - must have misplaced it. Also, having trouble logging on to iCloud - I'm registered but can;t remember the username password XXXXX really just want to talk to someone - as I'm lost in the apple maze Thanks, Carlton

Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to Just Answers! I am excited to get started with you.

Appleologist :

Although I would love to speak with you via phone, we can only communicate via Chat. Are you infront of your computer now?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

anybody home?

Appleologist :

I'm here. Can you log onto icloud.com

Appleologist :

We will try to reset your password

Customer :

I'm there

Appleologist :

Your icloud username is XXXXX XXXXX address can you try to log in?

Customer :

Is the itunes and Icloud username password XXXXX same - I'm able to log on to itunes withXXX@XXXXXX.XXX . Tworks2659 --- but I don't have success with that on icloud I'

Appleologist :

Lets try that

Appleologist :

Were you able to log in?

Customer :

I get the response that I need to set a devise up on icloud first --- this I did months ago --- and then was not able to use my traditional username/ password XXXXX lot on to itunes --- basically I didin;t worry with it - phone still works - but was unable to upload apps - which was not a concern to me - essentially, what I'm saying is that the problems started with I registered with icloud - it's like I have (2) conflicting accounts or something

Appleologist :

1. Click on the apple logo in the upper right corner

2. Click on iCoud and tell me what email is being used

Customer :

upper right corner of what

Appleologist :

Im sorry, upper left corner of your screen. You will see an apple icon

Customer :

my screen yes, --- but what url

Appleologist :

Lets start over.

1. In the upper left corner, you will see and apple logo

2. Click on it and select system preferences

3. Choose icloud

4. Select account details in the right column

Customer :

Are you aware I'm on a PC

Appleologist :

Ha ha, Im so sorry. Your computer specifications did not come through

Appleologist :

Did you ever have a mobileMe account in the past?

Customer :

Yes certain, occasionally, when sending a text or message from my iPhone, I note that the sent address isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX I think it may have beenXXX@XXXXXX.XXX - not sure

Appleologist :

Ok, can you please try both email addresses with the same password?

Customer :

I've tried --- many times - did it again - now am locked out --- and will need to reset the password XXXXX

Does itunes and icloud use separate username/passwords ?

Appleologist :

yes they do

Appleologist :

so Lets choose forgot ID

Appleologist :

iCloud is suppose to use the same username that you set up for your apple iD, but if you had a mobileme account in the past, then it uses that

Customer :

I've been there --- and have successfully reset the password XXXXXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX on itunes

Is there a way to locate the username on icloud if I'm not certain what it is

Appleologist :

Let me retract my last statement. Your icloud account DOES use the same username as icloud. It does not have to be the same password XXXXX

Appleologist :

So if you just reset your password, try it with your new password.

Customer :

You mean icloud has the same username as itunes - right

I will try to reset the password XXXXX

Appleologist :

yes, they use the same username. In the icloud page, you will see forgot id or password XXXXX the way at the bottom of the screen. click it

Appleologist :

How are we doing so far?

Customer :

Ok, I've done that --- got an e-mail that the password XXXXX changed --- and went to icloud to use logon withXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and the new password XXXXX got the same error message as before -

now what - I think we need to talk with Apple support --- I'm thinking that something went wrong with my initial icloud registration with Apple - coz that's when the problems started with my problems accessing itunes

--- just a theory

Appleologist :

It looks like when you set it up on your device, the registration did not go through. You will not be able to log into icloud.com without completing it on your device first. Have you successfully logged on in the past?

Customer :

Never really used the icloud function --- not sure why I even went there - as I recall it was from an e-mail blast of some sort

BotXXXXX XXXXXne it looks like I'll not be able to use icloud to locate my phone - is there any way I can talk direct to Apple (by phone) re these issues.

I find this chat mode very laborius

Appleologist :

You will have to call 1800-APL-CARE

Appleologist :

Is there anything else I can assit you with?

Customer :

No, I'm on the phone with apple now --- I assume there will be no charge for our time on just answer.

Appleologist :

Nope, I will issue you a refund. Have a great Labor day weekend