Jay
Jay, IT Consultant
Experience:  M.S. in Information Security & Assurance
69477759

RA-ScE

Customer Question

One of my google gmail drafts has gone missing. It was a lengthy reply to a gmail I received, so I worked on it when possible yesterday, then auto-saved it. The last time I tried to get into it, I could not find it anywhere on my computer.

Please tell me how to retrieve this gmail draft. Thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  ITTechChris replied 2 years ago.

ITTechChris :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer/Pearl, the highest ranked third party Q & A site in the world.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX am a professional technician here to provide you with the best Answer possible.

* Please remember to leave only a Positive 4/5 Rating on my performance when you are satisfied.

ITTechChris :

Are you using Gmail on your desktop or on a internet browser?

Customer :

Customer :

I am using Apple Safari as my web browser.

Customer :

Customer :

Are you getting my replies?

ITTechChris :

Yes I am.

ITTechChris :

I will have to switch this over to the Mac category.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  tonyng1 replied 2 years ago.

Do you need help finding the draft section of your gmail? if that is the case. just hover down on the more section on the left of your screen. and you should see a draft folder.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have already clicked on my "draft" folder, but the draft I am looking for is not there. I also checked my "sent" mail, and my "Inbox", the draft did not show up. Pdlease advise. Tha k you.

Expert:  tonyng1 replied 2 years ago.
Ohh ... If its not in the draft folder its most like not saved. There is one other possibility highly unlikely but did you write the email on your current computer or another computer? if its in another computer I would check that computer and see if its in there.

Sorry I don't think I can help you if its not in the draft section. I will opt-out and see if anyone else have any hints.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Please see if you can find it in another location. If you can't see it in drafts, then go to the "Labels" tab in the "Settings" and click the "Show" link next to the drafts label. If you do see the email, click on it, then 'Edit' and click either "send" or "Save Changes". Please let me know if you have any further questions or if you need further assistance. If somehow you accidently deleted it, then you will not be able to recover. Thanks, Jay
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

None of these suggestions have solved my problem. Therefore, please do NOT charge me for answering my question.

Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Hello, you may request a refund here. Thanks.