Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

my ipad would not synch with itunes. I pressed the restore

my ipad would not synch with itunes. I pressed the restore button (a mistake) and now my ipad is in recovery mode and if I click restore, I get the message - problem downloading software for ipad. not enough memory available. check network connection. All that is displayed on the ipad screen is the itunes logo and a USB cable!

Thanks

Claire
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.
Hello Claire,

On your computer, click on start > computer (My computer). Now you can find your C drive listed there.

Right click on that drive and then on "properties" and let me know what is the available space?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it says space free 83.7GB

That is a huge space. A lot more than enough for the software update to be downloaded. Make sure you are reading the C drive space.

Let's first turn off the firewall on your computer and also the antivirus, if any and then try to restore the ipad.

Let's see whether you are able to.
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I disabled the fire wall and the download appeared to complete, however the ipad remains unchanged

Then it could be a software issue on the iPad. After restore, you could have come across two options - restore from backup and set up as a new iPad.

Which one did you select?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the only option I had was restore, it appeared to work however at the end i got the message ipad unable to restore, unknown error (3014) occured

,
Connect the iPad to a different USB port and then try the restore

If that does not work, connect the iPad to a different computer ((if you have one) and then try the restore

Also, try with a different cable, if you have any.