Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

How do i label photos in iPhoto

How do i label photos in iPhoto
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, Thanks a lot for posting your query here. I am Jins here to assist you. Making labels for images in your iPhoto library helps to keep them organized and ensures you can remember important details. By default, photos import with titles assigned by the camera. iPhoto allows you to change these generic defaults into useful labels. You can make labels for images in your library individually or in batches.

1. Click on a photo in the iPhoto library to select it. The information label for that photo appears in the bottom-left corner.
2. Click on the text after "Title" to make the text editable. Enter the desired title for the photo. You also have the option of editing the date, time rating and description in the same way.
3. Select multiple photos to assign the same title, date or description by clicking and dragging your cursor over the group of images. You can also select multiple images by holding down the "Command" key as you click on images.
4. Go to the "Photos" menu and select "Batch Change." Select whether you want to change the title, the date or the description, and enter the information you want to apply to each image in the text box. Press "OK" to apply the label information to the images.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, Maybe I did not explain myself accurately. What I want to do is to have the text appearing on the photo itself, especially when showing the picture, i.e a text box ON the picture itself. Maybe you can help

Kind regards

Egbert

Hi Egbert, Thanks a lot for clarifying your need. Actually you can't do it with iPhoto. You need an External Photo Editor for it. But you can use Apple Preview to add text to a photo - Export the photo and add the text with Preview and then import the modified photo to iPhoto.

One of the Free Photo Editing packages that was overlooked was Picassa. You can add text, rotate and scale, also change fonts. Pretty good and simple for free.

If you want to purchase an external editor here are some suggestions:

Seashore (free)

The Gimp (free)

Graphic Coverter ($45 approx)

Acorn ($50 approx)

Pixelmator ($50 approx)

Photoshop Elements ($75 approx)

There are many, many other options. Search on MacUpdate. You can set Photoshop (or any image editor) as an external editor in iPhoto. (Preferences -> General -> Edit Photo: XXXXX XXXXX the Drop Down Menu.) This way, when you double click a pic to edit in iPhoto it will open automatically in Photoshop or your Image Editor, and when you save it it's sent back to iPhoto automatically. This is the only way that edits made in another application will be displayed in iPhoto.

Regards

Jins