Daniel, Mac Specialist
Experience:  10 Years hands on computer training
64443469

Can not access iPhoto 9 library. All 14000 + pics seem unable

Can not access iPhoto 9 library. All 14000 + pics seem unable to access.
Thanks for choosing Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Lets try to update your iphoto.

CLICK HERE to download the update.

After you download the update see if you can access your photos and open iphoto.

If this did not work please reply and let me know.

If this did work then please don't forget to rate the answer with one of the top three ratings, as this is the only way that I receive credit for my time and answer.

Thank You, Dan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK, have the DnLd, but have yet to install it. Current version of iPhoto '09 is 8.1.2 (424). This up date you have sent me will be v 9.3.2. What is that going to do, and does it require an purchase from Apple for this level of upgrade?

There is no purchase required as it is an updated provided from Apple for free. The only thing that this update does is improve the performance and stability.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Please don't forget to rate the answer with one of the top three ratings, as this is the only way that I receive credit for my time and answer.

Thank You, Dan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX load the update you sent and see how it goes. Yes I will do there rating, that is only fair. Thanks, Ken

Alright let me know if you run into any problems.

Thank You, Dan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK, this note cam up as a part of the Installation frame, "iPhoto 9.1 or later is required to install this update." As I mentioned I have v 8.1.2 (424). so this seems not to work. Going to version 9 I believe is a purchase upgrade, which I felt was not much of an improvement, so held off. Now I think there is an iPhoto '11 out, for an upgrade purchase, which it too does not do much for me. I plan to upgrade my '07 iMac to the new one coming out this fall during the holiday season or shortly there after and may consider it then. But last year I went to Aperture for most of my photo work, and now want to move some of the files I have in iPhoto to that. So I need to get what I have opened.

So you have iphoto 8, in your original post you said you have iphoto 9?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That may be true, however when I go to "About iPhoto," it says iPhoto '09 and lists the version as 8.1.2 (424). So, that may have lead me to state it as iPhoto 9. The version starts off with an 8, so that most likely means it is an 8, correct? Apologies for the confusion.

Well that is fine but I have the update 9.1

CLICK HERE

Download and install this, to see if it lets you update.

Let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK, I think we are making progress, however, this update if for iPhoto 9.0. This, I think is a purchase upgrade from Apple, which is one of the upgrades I held off from. But at this stage, if this is what it takes to get into my iPhoto files, I am open for that.

Will iPhoto 9 clear up this issue here?

Try to do this update, I do not believe that there is any purchase required, however if it does then I know that upgrading to iphoto 9 will clear up the issue you are having here.

Thank You, Dan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, we are at an impass, ... for now,... it won't let us do the install, without iPhoto 9.0 installed on the machine. So I guess I need to buy that and install it. However, I think iPhoto '11 is out, I will have to go to Apple to scope it all out, etc.

My email [email protected]

It is after midnight here, and I guess after 3 AM for you.

Email me your hours with this service, so we can get back to this. It is not criticIe we get this tonight. I want to stay with you on this, but need to hit the sack.

I'll do the rating and let's get back together soon.

Let me know if this is doable, I think it should be.

Yes, this sounds fine, all you need to do is reply the same way that you have been to continue working with me. I will be on here in the morning around 8 am my time so about 5 or 6 am your time. Just reply to me when you are ready and we can continue.

Thank You, Dan