Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

Two questions: On my IPad 2 it will not let me access the

Two questions: On my IPad 2 it will not let me access the ITunes Store. I wanted to have the word for friends new update but when I say yes it says "Cannot connect to ITunes store.

I have booted it, three times.

I also cannot see a book I purchased from Amazon - it shows I paid for it, but I can't find it on the Kindell store.
Thanks for your help.

Let's try a reset first. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

If that does not resolve the issue, and if you are using wifi to connect to the Internet, turn off the router. After a couple of minutes turn it on again. After another 1 minute, check whether your first issue is resolved. (If you are using 3G instead, go to settings > cellular data and turn off 3G and cellular data and turn them back on after a couple of minutes).

If that too does not resolve the issue, let's reset the network settings. Go to settings > general > reset > reset network settings.
Once back on, turn on wifi in settings > wifi, or turn on your 3G and then check whether your issue is resolved.

If none of the above works, then restore your ipad to factory settings and check.

Let me know if you still have difficulty.

Thank You
Vinod
Hi Catherine,

For your second question, let's try this.

http://www.simplehelp.net/2011/01/30/how-to-re-download-your-purchased-kindle-books-to-another-device/
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

should my Ipad be connected to my computer?

Are you going to try a restore of the ipad?

If you are trying a restore, the ipad need to be connected to the computer.

Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipad. To the left side of the itunes, your ipad name would be listed. Click on the ipad name and now to the middle of the screen, you will find the restore button.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did the restore and followed the directions and slowly everything is reloading. Is there anything else I will need to do after it all gets back on the IPad? I need to go to bed and it looks like this could take awhile.

Nothing specific. After everything is added back, just check whether you are able to access the app store/iTunes store.

You can bookmark this website and get back to me anytime.

Have a nice sleep...:)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Everything loaded but my Kindle books - that file is empty. Thanks for your help.

Have you tried redownloading those books using the following article?