Daniel, Mac Specialist
Experience:  10 Years hands on computer training
64443469

I have a MacBook and ever since I had the logic board replaced

Customer Question

I have a MacBook and ever since I had the logic board replaced I continuouslt get the rainbow circle of death and then it crashes. It never did this till the apple store replaced the logic board. Thanks Steve
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for choosing Justanswer, My name is Dan and I will be assisting you today.

Check this for me and let me know.

Highlight your boot drive and do command i to see the capacity, available and used space on your drive. "Available" needs to be no less that about 15 percent of "capacity."

Let me know.

Thank You, Dan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

dont know what boot drive is

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
You can access the boot menu by holding down the option key during the startup.

So you need to boot your mac, if it is already up and running, restart and hold down the option key to access the boot menu and then highlight your boot drive and do command i.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

could not get anything that said boot to come up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this is a joke you still havfent answered my question you keep repeating your answer

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Alright when to check some other things.

You will need to check your CPU, RAM and free disk space.

First we will check the disk space.

To open Activity Monitor, double-click its icon in the Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities folder.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

To check the free disk space on your startup disk:

1. Open Activity Monitor, located in the Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities folder.
2. Click the Disk Usage tab. The Disk Usage pane appears in the lower section of Activity Monitor.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

3. Choose your startup disk — normally Macintosh HD — in the pop-up menu on the left side of the Disk Usage pane.
4. Check both the pie chart and the value of the Space free field. By default, free disk space (Space free) is shown in green; the larger this section of the pie, the better. If this section is reduced to a sliver, or if the value of Space free is less than 10 GB, the free space on your startup disk is virtually exhausted.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there is plenty of free space 3/4 of the pic

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
To determine if your Mac has sufficient RAM:
2. Click the System Memory tab. The System Memory pane appears in the lower section of Activity Monitor.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

3.Watch the pie chart. By default, Free RAM is shown in green; the larger this section of the pie, the better. If the Free section is reduced to a sliver during your day, one of the following conditions exists:

-Your Mac has insufficient RAM for your workload.
-One or more of the applications you are using has a memory leak, a bug that only the developer can fix
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I spent $68.00 for nothing

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
I am done working with you, I am trying to get to the root of the problem. Can you tell me what the amount of RAM you have?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for that last reply that was not meant to say I am done working with you, I meant to say that I am not done working with you. Is there anything I can do, to get you to change my ratings, this affects my job a great deal.

Thank You, Dan