Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

MY elderly MacBook Pro has stopped workingIt worked fine in

MY elderly MacBook Pro has stopped workingIt worked fine in the morning, but in the afternoon it just shows ablack screen and does not respond the key board, does this mean that it has burnt out, and if so how can i recover all the stuff from iTunes to install on my new iPod Touch?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Back to your questions, can you hear any sounds from your Mac ? Is there any sign of life ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Nothing at all, no signs of life , I am convinced that the MacBook Pro is burnt out but when I used my stand-by laptop, I checked for updates, which resulted in wiping out everything, but left a whole series of what appear to be adverts for all the capabilities of the machine. Can I use my old iPad to install data on the stand-by machine without risking losing the data from the iPad?

Either the Power Supply of your Macbook Pro is fried or it is just frozen. Unplug the Power cable from your Mac. Then press and hold down the Power button for 10 seconds. Then wait 3 minutes and then turn it back on after connecting it back to Power. If that didn't work, then you have to send it to Apple to fix it. But all your data on that Macbook Pro must be safe since the chances of hard drive failure is very little.

If you sync your iPad (or any other iDevice) with new computer (or new iTunes library), you'll lose everything from your iPad. You can only use your iPad or iPod with only one computer at a time. Apple designed it in that way. So to transfer contents from your iPad to your other Computer/iTunes, you can use this application :

That application will transfer everything from your iPad (Music, Movies, Podcasts,Apps etc) to your Computer/iTunes Library. Then you can sync your iPad with iTunes.

Try the trial version of the application before buying.
Never sync your iPad with new iTunes/Computer until you transfer everything from your iPad to your computer.

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am now too tired to continue with this procedure, but will try again later,probably tomorrow, I'm sorry about that but have only slept for an average of three hours per night for the last ten nights or so.

No Worries. Sleep Well :) Take care of health first...

Add a bookmark of this page or add it to your favorites list. So you can get back to me later.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I tried all your recommendations, none worked. My own expert returned from a Greenpeace operation in Russia, looked at the laptop and said that the screen connection was broken. He then sent it off to company that he had used before, and it was sent back to me yesterday, with a new screen and and now works perfectly. And I slept very well last night.

Under the circumstances, I think that a full refund is due to me, don't you?

I await your early reply.

Roy Ernest Parker

As you know it is a hardware problem, something I can't fix online. You left me Bad Service rating for something out of my control. The Negative rating will badly affect my reputation here. Could you please change the rating to atleast OK Service and I will request the full refund for you.

Also did you tried my answer about transferring everything from your iPad to your PC. Didn't that work ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was advised by Apple that trying to transfer data fom my iPad would only result in wiping all my data from it and since they are the real experts, I didn't do it. If it will get my refund I am prepared to rate "Got the job done" (by Alan)

Sorry to say, but THEY are very WRONG. Believe me, You won't lose anything when you transfer via Imtoo iPad Computer Transfer. I know because I've been using that application and many other clients like you have had success with it.

You will lose everything only if you sync via iTunes. I mentioned it in my answer above. So my answer is 100% correct except for the Macbook Problem. You can ask any other expert if you don't believe me. Since you are not satisifed, I will now request the refund for you, but please rate OK Service or Got the Jon done.

I'm requesting refund now...

Thanks for the rating. I requested a refund for you. Meantime, you can also write into customer service at [email protected] and request refund.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

For God's sake, leave me alone, I have been told that I will have a refund credited to my account, and that should end the matter. My Laptop is fully

operable and I want nothing more to do with your company and will not reply to any more eMails.