Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have an extended keyboard and the numbers 1 to 0 work but

I have an extended keyboard and the numbers 1 to 0 work but the key pad on the right does not work. I cannot use it as a calculator. I have not been able to use it since I downloaded Mountain Lion Operating system.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Did you checked the Num Lock key ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can't see your reply, Did you checked the Num Lock key of your Keyboard ?

If there is no Numlock key, then try pressing F6 key
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,My question was: Where is the num lock key?
Sorry for the delay. Some Keyboards don't have a separate Numlock key but some have it. You can find the Numlock key normally on the Numeric keypad (the keypad at right)

If you don't have it, then F6 (function key on top) is the Numlock key. Press F6 and see if it works or not

If that didn't work, then try this. Goto Apple menu and select System Preferences. In System Preferences, click Accessibility, and then click “Mouse & Trackpad". Turn off Mouse Keys from there if it is turned on.

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.