Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Am in England. iPad wont charge with the international outlets.

Am in England. iPad won't charge with the international outlets. There is a new icon by the charge level in the upper right corner. It is a circle with arrow and a lock. Am down to 27% power. Want I do to get this powered up?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Have you tried charging from your PC ? Are you using the correct adaptor or tried changing the adaptor ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Am down to 10% power. Charging the adapter? Didn't know I had to. Am using adapter that plugs unto my iPad. Not sure how to proceed. Still don't know what the with padlock in center next to the power bar means.,
Not charging the adaptor, but changing the adaptor. You can remove the adpator from the USB Cable. Try changing the Adaptor. If that didn't work, then try another USB cable.

Also, remove the adaptor, connect your iPad to your PC with the USB Cable. Your iPad will shows the 'No Charging' status. Let it sit there for 1 or 2 hours and your iPad will be charged little. Your iPad will be charged slowly from your PC than from the Power outlet.

The circle with the Padlock is the rotation lock, means your iPad's screen will not be rotated sideways when its on. The rotation lock/mute switch is on the side of your iPad. See here :

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Have changed chargers. Used switch on side of iPad so that icon is gone. Am up to 10% power now and hoping for more power anytime now. Ok, the charger is working. Am up to 11% now. Think I am ok for now. Thx.
Glad to hear that worked :)