Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I accidentally deleted 70GB worth of photos from iPhoto (both

I accidentally deleted 70GB worth of photos from iPhoto (both from iPhoto Trash and Trash). What is the best iphoto recovery sotware? MacKeeper I used only found about 10GB of images, consisting only of thumbnails and some 200,000 useless images, buit none of the original photo files. Thanks, Mike
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

I've used Data Rescue in the past and had success with it. Other clients of mine also had success it with. Get it from here : http://www.prosofteng.com/products/data_rescue.php

Remember, don't use your Mac (except to recover) until your recover your photos. Installing applications, using iTunes, downloading files etc will overwrite the free space i.e overwrite over the deleted files and that will reduce the chance of recovering the photos.

Let me know if you have any questions. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, i downloaded the software for US$99 (didn't accept my Amex), but when I ran it and opted for deleted files scan, it said I needed another workspace separate from my harddrive. I then attached an external harddrive (used for another Mac) and I got an error message saying "incompatible file system (erasing required)" what to do next?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Is it asking to erase the external hard drive ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it just says "incompatible file system (erase required)"

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
It seems like it is asking you to erase the hard disk. If you have any files on it, then copy them to your other Mac. Then erase the hard disk with Disk Utility. Then try to recover the photos.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not enough space for that. I will go and buy another external harddrive. Refer back to you later. Until what time will you be available?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay...I will be here for the next 12 hours.