Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Fitbit: Im trying to download the software but I get a dialog

Fitbit: I'm trying to download the software but I get a dialog box telling me that my iMac won;t accept it because it is not approved by the Mac App Store.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

What is the exact error you are getting ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

"Install Fitbit.mpkg" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

BTW: there are two downloads available, one is for Mac and released April 19, 2012 and the other is OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard). I got the same dialog box for both.

Goto System Preferences and open Security and Privacy. Click on General tab. Select Anywhere under the Allow Applications downoaded from option. Then try to install the application.

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.