Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My Mac says blocked plug in

My computer keeps saying blocked plug in and Ive tried downloading the flash player and it is not installing

Hello. I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First I need some information and I also want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Click on the first icon in the Dock the "Finder", then click on Go at the top of the screen, you will see a drop down menu, go to Utilities. When that opens double click on the application called Disk Utility. When Disk Utility opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Mac OS X Version 10.7.4

Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 5 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

Verify Disk was okay

What about Repair Permissions?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Repair permissions were okay and I ran it and it ran the repair permissions fine

Open Safari and go to Safari / reset Safari and check all boxes then reset
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Done

Ok now go here and download and install Flash:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I had to end of uninstalling flash player completely and reinstalling and then it worked.

Great!!! I am still here if you have any problems or questions.