Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.
10156100

My iPad wont charge anymore.

Customer Question

My ipad won't charge anymore. I bought a new charger and it still won't charge.

Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Give this a try first and let me know if this does not work:

Try a hard reset by holding down the Sleep/Wake + Home button simultaneously for 10 seconds or more and shortly you will see an Apple logo appears on the screen.

Let me know if this does not fix the problem.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We just tried it and it didn't work :/

Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Plug the charger into a known good wall socket and let the iPad charge for at least 15 minutes.

Then try this again and note and note any details when you reply back please.

Reply back with any details as to how the iPad responds to the above procedure.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The iPad just died....its still not charging ( TT__TT)

Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

Did you try the experts last suggestion?

Plugging the iPad for 15 minutes then holding the home and sleep/wake button for up to 1 minute.

When the iPad's battery is completely drained you need to force a restart of the device by using that method. But you must allow the iPad to sit on the charger for about 10 minutes before trying it.

Let me know the outcome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yea, but the problem is that it isn't getting any power at all.

Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
Understand.

How long have you had the iPad?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2-3 years

Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.

OK,

If the power reset option which was recommended to try does not work. Then you may have hardware failure or the charging port is not properly working.

Apple provides 1-year warranty on all of there devices. However you are out of that period unless you purchased Apple Care. My recommendation is to find the nearest Apple store and bring in your iPad. The store is usually very good with giving customers a one-time no cost replacement when out of warranty.

If there isn't a Apple store near you contact Apple Customer service. Explain the issue and they may do the same if not charge for a trade-in replacement.

800-275-2273

Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience: 4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Lol i figured as much. Thank you Mr. Apple man! ( /^o^)/ \(^o^\ ) -happy dance-

Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome.