Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I want to unlock my ipad 2 from AT&T network. Could you send

I want to unlock my ipad 2 from AT&T network. Could you send me a known-to-work up-to-date step by step guide?

How about another guide for jail breaking?

My ipad is iOS 5.1.1. I have undergrad and grad school in computer science and fairly tech savy. I just want one guide that is known to work instead of spending time trying many different outdated guides.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

iPads are not carrier locked. So why you want to unlock it ? Do you just want to Jailbreak it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I actually never tested whether the ipad i bought was carrier-locked. When I first bought it, it was supposed to work with only AT&T. No?

What's the easiest way to test it without cutting down my friend's t-mobile SIM card and inserting it into my ipad?

I am selling it now and one of the ebay buyer asked if i can unlock it for him.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
iPads are factory unlocked. You can use any SIM with it and anywhere in the world. It will work with any carrier not just AT&T

No other way to test it than putting other SIM in it. If you friends have Micro-SIMs, you could try that. All you have to do is, when you change the SIM, you need to change the APN (Accesspoint) from Settings > Cellular Data to access 3G.

Let me know if you have any questions. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How about ipad 3? Are they factory unlocked too? So I can put a verizon SIM card into an AT&T iPad 3? and vice versa?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes, they are unlocked too. But the problem is, each carrier have different frequencies for LTE. So AT&T iPad won't work with other carriers and vice versa. You can't use any other SIM on Verizon iPads, because Verizon iPad uses CDMA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know verizon phones use CDMA (no SIM card), but Verizon's iPad3 uses SIM card too, just like their mobile hot spot devices. They all use SIM card.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but the radio in they are different. Verizon iPad's radio won't work with AT&T's and vice versa.

If you get AT&T iPad, you can use other AT&T sim with it. They are not locked to any partcular SIM.