Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I want to unlock my ipad 2 from AT&T network. Could you send

I want to unlock my ipad 2 from AT&T network. Could you send me a known-to-work up-to-date step by step guide?

How about another guide for jail breaking?

My ipad is iOS 5.1.1. I have undergrad and grad school in computer science and fairly tech savy. I just want one guide that is known to work instead of spending time trying many different outdated guides.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

iPads are not carrier locked. So why you want to unlock it ? Do you just want to Jailbreak it ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I actually never tested whether the ipad i bought was carrier-locked. When I first bought it, it was supposed to work with only AT&T. No?

What's the easiest way to test it without cutting down my friend's t-mobile SIM card and inserting it into my ipad?

I am selling it now and one of the ebay buyer asked if i can unlock it for him.

iPads are factory unlocked. You can use any SIM with it and anywhere in the world. It will work with any carrier not just AT&T

No other way to test it than putting other SIM in it. If you friends have Micro-SIMs, you could try that. All you have to do is, when you change the SIM, you need to change the APN (Accesspoint) from Settings > Cellular Data to access 3G.

Let me know if you have any questions. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How about ipad 3? Are they factory unlocked too? So I can put a verizon SIM card into an AT&T iPad 3? and vice versa?

Yes, they are unlocked too. But the problem is, each carrier have different frequencies for LTE. So AT&T iPad won't work with other carriers and vice versa. You can't use any other SIM on Verizon iPads, because Verizon iPad uses CDMA.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I know verizon phones use CDMA (no SIM card), but Verizon's iPad3 uses SIM card too, just like their mobile hot spot devices. They all use SIM card.

Yes, but the radio in they are different. Verizon iPad's radio won't work with AT&T's and vice versa.

If you get AT&T iPad, you can use other AT&T sim with it. They are not locked to any partcular SIM.