Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

how can I sync my music on my iphone with a new computer and

how can I sync my music on my iphone with a new computer and itunes download
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Are the Musics/other contents on the iPhone are synced from any other computer ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, but it was a computer that was stolen so I want to use them on my new computer/library

If you sync your iPhone with new computer (new iTunes library), you'll lose everything from your iPhone. So to transfer contents from your iPhone to Computer/iTunes, you can use this application :

That application will transfer everything from your iPhone (Music, Movies, Podcasts etc) to your Computer/iTunes. Then you can sync your iPhone with iTunes.

Try the trial version of the application before buying...If your iPhone only contains the purchased songs, movies etc (from iTunes) then you don't have to buy the ImToo iPod Transfer application. Instead you can redownload the purchased items from iTunes Store for free to your iTunes on new computer. See here :

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my computer seems to think this is a harmful download

Thats because it is a executable file. Go ahead and download it. It is safe..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok, it's downloaded, now what?

Install it, open it. Connect your iphone to your computer. Imtoo will give you options to download the iPhone's contents to your computer or iTunes
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

will it only transfer songs downloaded from itunes?

It can transfer everything from your iPhone to your computer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm only seeing a portion of the songs from my iphone displaying on my itunes interface. Am I missing something?

In Imtoo, select your iPhone and it should list all the songs of iPhone. Doesn't it ? Can you restart your computer and try again ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it does in Imtoo but not itunes. I did a select all from Imtoo and clicked the icon to add files to itunes but only a few are showing.

Are you using the trial version of ImToo ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Trial version is limited, it can only tranfer limited songs. To transfer everything, you have to buy the full version.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so I have to buy a $30 deal in order to apply the songs I've already from itunes to itunes? Apple doesn't offer an easier way to transfer songs from one computer to another? Do you have a customer support number for them?

If you are trying to transfer the purchased songs from iTunes Store, then just sync with iTunes. If you lost anything you purchased from iTunes Store, you can always redownload them for free to either your iPhone or your PC.

Problem is you can't transfer songs, videos etc you downloaded from CDs, Internet etc to your iTunes directly. Nope, Apple doesn't make an way to transfer these, that is why third party companies are making applications like ImToo Transfer.

You can contact iTunes Support from here :

Remember, We're not Apple nor I don't work for Apple. Let me know if you have any questions. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

well, I plugged my nano in and it's downloading all songs from there to itunes

ImToo trial is limited. I'm pretty sure it can transfer limited songs per time. If the songs are purchased from iTunes Store, then why don't you just redownload them to your iTunes on yoru computer ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it was trying to erase the songs from my iphone to update with the itunes library that didn't have anything in it. I plugged my nano in and it's allowing me to transfer all (not just bought songs) to my new itunes library. Now that I have all my songs I'm erasing my devices and reloading them. I found a way around it. Thanks for the help.

You're welcome :)

Don't forget to rate me Positively if you are satisfied.