Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I INTEND TO TRANSFER TO MY DAUGHTER MY APPLE COMPUTER, HOWEVER

I INTEND TO TRANSFER TO MY DAUGHTER MY APPLE COMPUTER, HOWEVER ,I INTEND TO TRANSFER ALL MY INFO THAT IS ON MY APPLE TO A DVD, HOW CAN I DO THIS?

HOW WOULD I ERASE ALL INFO FROM MY APPLE IN ORDER THAT IT IS COMPLETELY CLEAN WHEN SHE RECEIVE IT FROM ME.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Back to question, What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

os x lion

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Follow the steps below to write files to a CD/DVD on your Mac.
  • In Finder/Desktop, click on the File menu and select "New Burn folder"
  • This will create a new "Burn Folder" on your desktop or in Finder
  • Double-click on the Burn folder icon to open the folder in a Finder window
  • Now, drag your files/documents in to the burn folder's window. This will create a alias/shortcut in it.
  • On the burn folder's window you can see a button named "Burn" which is located on the top right.
  • Click on the Burn button. You will be asked to insert a blank disc.
  • So, insert a blank CD/DVD, provide "Disk Name" and in the "Burn Speed" option, choose a medium level speed like 8x or 12x
  • Then click on the burn button and let it finish.

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

m y next question was how to erase all info on my mac,so that i was satisfied that no one could see my work.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
That is simple. After you backed up your files, turn off your Mac. Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys simulataneosly on your Keyboard. This will boot your Mac into the Mac OS X Utilities screen. In there, click on Utilities menu in the top and select Disk Utility. In Disk Utility, select your hard disk in the left column and Erase it. Then close Disk Utility and click Reinstall Mac OS X option. Then reinstall your Mac OS X. This will turn your Mac into the Out of Box state. Remember, you need an active internet connection to reinstall your Mac OS X.

Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ashik, thank you for the prompt answer,however i will not be able to complete this project at this time,so what must i do...can i get back to you again to say thank you or what else must i do?

Should i need more help,would i have to make another payment and if all is well how do i express my gratitude.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Just add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me directly anytime you want. No, you don't have to pay again. We can continue this conversation until we solve the problem completely. The question will remain opened until you wish to close it.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.....!

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome :)

Don't forget to rate me Positively if you are satisfied.