Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

iCloud Backup. Window invites me to backup. I connect to my

iCloud Backup. Window invites me to backup. I connect to my desktop pc and iPad. And it won't let me begin. Even the Slide to Unlock doesn't function. It also says 'not charging' - but it is 100% charged.
I plugged in my iPod to desktop pc and all went as designed - so it's not the pc.
Have tried on/off but makes no difference.
Help!
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

You can reset your iPad and see if that works or not. Press and hold the Power button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds. iPad will automatically restarts and return to home screen. If it not restarts after holding the button for 10 seconds, hold down the Power button and the Home button until it restart itself.

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
holding down both buttons at same time worked. So simple when you know how. Many thanks Ashik.
You're welcome :) Don't forget to rate me Positive.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did you get my further question?
Nope.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It still says 'Not Charging'. And how do I know if the iCloud is backing up?
Are you charging it from your PC or Power Outlet ?

Goto www.icloud.com and you can find the contents there. Also, in your iPad goto Settings and tap iCloud. Tap Storage and Backup. Tap Manage Storage and you can find the backed up info there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Usually charged using Power Outlet. Got to 100% that way. Now plugged into pc.
In settings it says 'Icloud storage details are currently unavailable. iCloud Backup is 'On'.
FYI You can't charge your iPad from your PC as it doesn't provide enough juice to charge your iPad through USB.

Can you turn off your WiFi and then turn it back on and see if it shows backup details ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK. Will send this and then turn WiFi off then on (after 10 seconds).
Ok
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
System appears to be working but do I need to go to iCloud.com and set up my account there - or should it be automatically applied?
No, as I'm typing it changed to 'Backing Up'. So everything should be okay from now on. Fingers crossed!

Thank for your help, Ashik

If that is all correct now, please say so and I will give your Rating to complete.
You don't need to go to www.icloud.com

That is the official iCloud website where you can see your iCloud contents from web.

I assume you already have an iCloud account (or Apple ID) that you setup with your iPad. Your iPad doesn't show backing up status if there isn't any iCloud account setup with your iPad. So you don't setup another account, everything will be automatically applied.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Hi there,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Let me know if you need any help in future...

Best Regards,