Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience

How to know if my iPad has 3G or 4G? Its an iPad 3 MD329KN/A

How to know if my iPad has 3G or 4G?

Its an iPad 3 MD329KN/A 32GB with Wi-Fi
Thank you for the question. The iPad 3 is capable of connecting to 3G or 4G networks, but it depends on the type of plan you purchased from your wireless carrier (if you did purchase one). The iPad that can connect to cellular networks has a black bar on the top of the device, while the Wi-Fi only version does not.

If you do have the iPad model that can connect to a cellular network, you will see one of the following logos on the top left corner of the page:

1) Wi-Fi (it looks like an upside-down triangle) - This means you are connected to a local Wi-Fi network

2) "3G" - Means you are connected to your wireless carriers 3G network

3) "4G" - Means you are connected to your wireless carriers 4G network.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist further. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Mine is not a cellular version, and I did not purchase any plans. So is it 3G or 4G? :)
If you did not purchase the cellular version, it is not 3G or 4G. It is Wi-Fi only, meaning that you can only use internet on the iPad when you are connected to a Wi-Fi network. A Wi-Fi network is not provided by your wireless carrier like 3G or 4G, it is provided by your home internet connection if you have a wireless router, or any wireless internet connection provided by a hotel, restaurant, etc...

I am just following up to see if you had any more questions about your iPad. If so, please feel free to ask me and I will be happy to help. Otherwise, enjoy!