Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I upgraded to mountain lion through the app store. My only

I upgraded to mountain lion through the app store. My only problem is that my computer will not go to sleep. I have to actually click sleep in order for my mac to sleep. That is for my imac 27". For my MBP, it doesn't go to sleep if i close the lid.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

In your Mac, goto System Preferences and open Energy Saver. In Energy Saver, under Battery tab make sure the sleep isn't set to Never.

Click on Power Adaptor tab and also check if the Sleep isn't set to Never there too.

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have tried that and about everything else i could find on the internet including the command line. I have no idea how to fix it
Have you tried resetting the PRAM as well as SMC ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no, how can i go about that
Follow the steps below to reset the PRAM of your Mac
  1. Shut down your Mac
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times.
  6. Release the keys and let the Mac bootup

Does that works ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
worked like a charm for both my MBP and imac. Thank you so much.
You're welcome :) Please don't forget to rate me Positive.

Best Regards,