MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

My Apple Id has been locked for security purposes. It has

Customer Question

My Apple Id has been locked for security purposes. It has rejected the answer to my security question "what is your date of birth?" even though I have repeatedly entered the date I wrote down when I activted the account. How do I get access to my apps account?
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 4 years ago.

MacTechTrainer :

Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac. I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

MacTechTrainer :

Hello

MacTechTrainer :

I am sorry you have rated this session before we have begun

MacTechTrainer :

please refrain from providing a rating for a service not yet rendered as it affects the Mac Expert's quality of service rating adversely

MacTechTrainer :

I am here to assist, therefore please allow me a few moments to review your question to better assist you.

MacTechTrainer :

thank you

MacTechTrainer :

May I ask, when did you begin to experience not being able to use your Apple ID or being able to reset the account?

MacTechTrainer :

please respond to this question when you have the opportunity

MacTechTrainer :

Hello, are you still online within this session?

JACUSTOMER-wjjop1e5- :

I have gotten no advice! Let's begin and I will change my rating.

I first experienced not being able to get into the account when I tried to get into the Apps
Store

MacTechTrainer :

You have to first be patient

MacTechTrainer :

and allow me to assist you

MacTechTrainer :

by reviewing your question and then asking questions to better assist you

MacTechTrainer :

this is a chat service so we do ask for some understanding from you as our valued customer, to allow time in between responses

MacTechTrainer :

as we work to resolve this issue

MacTechTrainer :

as result I needed to know when you first experienced this issue with not being able to access your Apple ID

MacTechTrainer :

there is some instances with Apple Inc, where their Apple ID account system may be down for up to 24 hours

MacTechTrainer :

especially when they are performing upgrades to their website

MacTechTrainer :

that is why I am asking when you first starting experiencing this issue with your Apple ID

MacTechTrainer :

I just checked my Mac tech resources and found that Apple does have a current service issue with their Apple ID system

MacTechTrainer :

and are advising their Apple ID customers to allow up to 24 hours from today for this system issue to be resolved

MacTechTrainer :

that is why I am seeking to find out the time frame of when you first started experiencing your Apple ID account being locked

JACUSTOMER-wjjop1e5- :

I am sending you replies - are you not reciving them?

MacTechTrainer :

The last reply I received from you was:

5:44 AM- I have gotten no advice! Let's begin and I will change my rating.

Store

MacTechTrainer :

I have been trying to have you provide me more specifics as to when you first started experiencing this issue- was it today? Or has this issue been occurring over the last few days? weeks?

MacTechTrainer :

providing those specifics will allow me to provide more accurate support options for this issue you are experiencing-

MacTechTrainer :

this is what I am attempting to convey

MacTechTrainer :

Aside from the issue that Apple's Apple ID system may be temporarily down, which may explain the issue you are having

MacTechTrainer :

there is one other variable to consider-

MacTechTrainer :

if you have attempted multiple times to access your Apple ID account and/or password multiple times,

MacTechTrainer :

it will lock you out

MacTechTrainer :

if this is what has happened, then you would need to review this article, that Apple has created for this type of Apple ID problem:

MacTechTrainer :

Here is the link: -Apple ID: "This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons" alert appears" -http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2446

JACUSTOMER-wjjop1e5- :

I have experienced this problem for 3 days. As I said, the problem seems to be my password or user name is not accepted and when they ask me to verify a security question - "what is your date of birth" - the system will not accept my answer although I am sure it is the same answer I originally gave them _ I only have one birthdate!

MacTechTrainer :

Exactly

MacTechTrainer :

I completely understand

MacTechTrainer :

and that information I provided above your last reply is one of the primary references you need to review in this matter

MacTechTrainer :

if Apple's knowledgebase article I provided from them, does not help,

MacTechTrainer :

as a last option, you can contact the administrators of the Apple ID service who are part of iTunes Customer Support-

MacTechTrainer :

you can contact this Apple group via this link:

JACUSTOMER-wjjop1e5- :

How about the fact that it will not accept the answer to my security question? I think this is how it happened. I did try different passwords, etc. to get in.

MacTechTrainer :

That is a known issue

MacTechTrainer :

believe me this is a problem that Apple is still working to resolve- we have had a number of inquires over the last 5-6 months to the best of our knowledge regarding this same issue

MacTechTrainer :

the information I am providing you is what Apple has released in order to help Apple ID users resolve like locked Apple ID accounts for security reasons

JACUSTOMER-wjjop1e5- :

Could you repeat the first link you gave me?

MacTechTrainer :

Sure

MacTechTrainer :

I will provide all of them for you

MacTechTrainer :

-Apple ID: "This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons" alert appears" -http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2446

MacTechTrainer :

iTunes Customer Support-

JACUSTOMER-wjjop1e5- :

Is there any other halp you can offer? If not, please repeat the first link you gave me.

MacTechTrainer :

I just provided the two links from Apple above which starts with the first link

MacTechTrainer :

are you able to see them just above this reply?

JACUSTOMER-wjjop1e5- :

Anything else to suggest to me?

MacTechTrainer :

if not, I will switch this chat to our Email Q & A (Question and Answer) mode- so you can see them

MacTechTrainer :

Your Apple ID issue, is an Apple Internal server issue, which is why I also provided you the contact information for the only Apple group which can help in this matter - iTunes Customer Support. Unfortunately this is not just something that can be fixed from your Mac - Apple has to resolve this because we are dealing with an onlline web account from their main server database

MacTechTrainer :

that is why I am referring this as an "Apple Internal issue" - because they have to resolve this issue on their side. The first link I gave you was created by their server admin, to address the problem you are having, which is why I provided that link from Apple to you first

MacTechTrainer :

the last link is for you to use if the article from the first link does not help.

MacTechTrainer :

I have been working with questions involving Apple IDs and have found that even if you call Apple Support, this is just what they provide as well

MacTechTrainer :

that is all Apple is providing for support on this issue I'm afraid

MacTechTrainer :

otherwise, trust me, I would have much more to provide you in the way of other options

JACUSTOMER-wjjop1e5- :

I have the two links and will try to work with them. Are we through?

MacTechTrainer :

You can actually bookmark this session

MacTechTrainer :

so if you need to come back and ask more questions relative to your question

MacTechTrainer :

you just post a reply and it will alert me, even if I am offline,

MacTechTrainer :

that you are requesting to communicate with me once again

MacTechTrainer :

so I will be here to assist you, as long as this session remains open as you see fit