Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have lost the two little arrow-like triangles (backward,

I have lost the two little arrow-like triangles (backward, forward) that usually appear just below the red-yellow-green circles at the upper left of a screen. So when I Google some topic and then select one of the items listed, I can't get back to the entire Google listings to look at other things that it found in the search. I must have changed some Preference item without realizing it--the "two arrows" feature worked fine until a couple of days ago.
[email protected]
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Open Safari, click the View Menu and choose "Customize Toolbar". From the window, you can find the Back/Forward buttons. Just click and drag them out of that window to its original location in the toolbar.

Or click and drag the default toolbar set out of it to the toolbar location of Safari. See picture below;

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried this several times, and the two arrows seem to move OK, but they don't "stick" in the toolbar. Exactly where should I expect to find the toolbar that is targeted here.
Can't you drag out the default set ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That didn't occur to me, and when I try it it clearly does remove the arrows. So now when I move the icon to the correct place (to the left of the plus sign), it seems to be there. So far, it seems to work, but I am reluctant to do much exploration, for fear of losing my contact with you.
Glad that worked...You have to put them to the correct place to stick them there.

Don't forget to rate me Positive if you like my service. Let me know if you have any questions...