Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Hi, I brought my apple Mac in Bangkok Thailand, i have just

Hi, I brought my apple Mac in Bangkok Thailand, i have just down loaded office for Mac, how ever to install i need a mac password XXXXX user name etc. I am currently in Southern Iraq, how can i install the program me as i don't know the Mac password.

Thank you for your assistance

Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Office for Mac Home and Student 2011
Not the version of office, but the version of your OS X. Click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac. You can find the version number in there
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
10.7.4
You can reset the password XXXXX booting into Lion Utilities.
  • Turn off your Mac.
  • Turn in back on and immediately hold down Option at boot and select the “Recovery” disk at the boot menu
  • This will boot your Mac to Mac OS X Utilities” menu
  • Click on the “Utilities” menu in the top and select “Terminal"
  • Type resetpassword
  • Confirm the user account and then the password XXXXX change and reboot Mac OS X.

Now see if the new password XXXXX or not...

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I turned it off

turned it on

but there was no opportunity to find "option to boot" i don't understand that bit

You have to hold down the Option key on your Keyboard immediately after you turn it back on. The option key is the key between Control and Apple keys.

Or restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command and R keys at same time until it boots into Lion Utilities window. Does that works ?
Just checking, how is it going ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, yes it worked thank you, XXXXX XXXXX all the things like Skype, face time etc requires the "keychain" password, will this be a problem in the future???
No, but we can reset the Keychain Database too and that will fix the Keychain problem.

1. Goto Applications/Utilities and open Keychain Access
  2. From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.
  3. Click Reset My Keychain, which is under the General pane.
  4. Authenticate with your account login password.
  5. Quit Keychain Access and Restart your computer

Don't forget to rate me Positive Excellent Service if you are satisfied...

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi,

it said keychain could not be accessed

Does this error occurs when you open Keychain Access application ?
Alternative way is, close all windows. In Finder, hold down Option key on your Keyboard, click on Go menu in the top and select Library. From the Library finder window, open Preferences folder. Look for the file com.apple.keychainaccess.plist or anything related to keychain and trash it. Does that works ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i believe it did work, thank you for your assistance
You're welcome :)

Please rate me Excellent Service, so that I will get credit for helping you.

Take Care,