Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

How can I sync music to my ipod touch from my computer if it

How can I sync music to my ipod touch from my computer if it is in windows media player?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

You can use iTunes application to sync Musics to yoru iPod. First, download and install iTunes on your computer from here :

Then open iTunes and import all your Musics to it. Then connect your iPod to your computer. In iTunes, select your iPod in left column under Devices list. Click on Musics tab next to Summary, Info etc and enable "Sync Musics". Then Sync.

Refer this article :

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Ashik
I have iTunes already installed but when I tried to sync the music to my ipod touch I had error messages for some files saying that they could not be copied because the tracks could not be found. I went to each un-copied file and asked itunes to locate it- they were all found in media player. I then tried syncing again but had an error message that they had not been copied as they could not be played by my ipod. The particular tracks today are on Mezzanine by Massive Attack and some tracks have been copied ok but 9 had the error message.
Can you reimport all those tracks from your computer to iTunes again and then sync ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have been trying to sort this out for several hours over the last two days so if you think that will work I'll certainly do that-in fact I'm beginning to feel like throwing my PC out of the window to see if that works!!
Delete the tracks which have problem from your iTunes first, then reimport them all and then sync. If that didn't work, then disable "Sync Musics" option in ITunes, then sync then enable it back and then sync again. Let me know how it goes...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. I am syncing manually, not just copying my music library over which, I suppose, is why I'm taking so long. I wondered if converting all the files to aac would help? (This is my first iPod and until about 10 minutes ago I didn't know about aac )
Both AAC and MP4 will work, but iTunes will convert to right format when you sync it. Good Luck with that...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll let you know...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hurray! It worked.
I was confused because I thought that itunes would convert the files instead of which I had an error message that some files were not synced because my ipod would not be able to play them. Anyway, thanks for your help - I now have all the music that I want on my ipod.
Thank you Ashik
You're welcome :) I'm glad you sorted it out !

If you are satisfied, please rate me with highest rating.

Thank You,