Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Just installed Mountain Lion and now my color is all messed

Just installed Mountain Lion and now my color is all messed up. Everything has a lime green tint to it.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Do you have this color problem in the startup screen, that is before booting into desktop ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, during the start-up the screen was the normal gray but had a very distinct green tint to it.
First we can reset the PRAM and NVRAM of your Mac and see if it works or not.

1. Shut down your Mac
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times.
  6. Release the keys and let the Mac boot up.

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK Tried your solution twice. No change at all.
Restart your Mac and immediately hold down the Option key on your Keyboard. This will bring Startup manager screen. From Startup manager, seelct Recovery HD partition and press return. This will boot into Utilities window. Do you have this color problem in Utilities window ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I rebooted into Startup manager, Recovery HD was not one of the options. Still had color problem in Startup manager
Then it is not software related. If it is software related, there won't be color issue in the startup manager. I'm afraid your graphic card is failing. Its strange that this started happening after installing Mountain Lion.

Do you have the 10.6 Snow Leopard installation discs ?

PS : I will be back in 15 minutes...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Haven't heard from you?
Sorry for the delay...I did came back after 15 minutes, but actually I didn't heard from you. I asked for more information but didn't got any reply. This was my question.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No but they are not needed. When I turned on my computer after returning from work, the problem had gone away. It works fine now. Thank you for you assistance.
I'm glad your problem is solved...