Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How can I compress a large PDF file to e-mail it? Its for

How can I compress a large PDF file to e-mail it? It's for an internshhip application that is due today. Thank you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Some email services have a size limit of 10MB, 20MB etc. So even if you compress, you won't be able to send it via email unless the compressed size is smaller than the limit.

To compress the file, right click or control + click on the PDF file and select Compress filename option from the popup menu. Or select the file, click on Finder menu and select Compress filename. The file will be compressed a put to a ZIP folder in there.

If you are still unable to send it via email, then you should try the file sharing websites like www.mediafire.com, www.wikisend.com etc. Just upload the files to those websites and send the link/file ID of the uploaded file to the receiptant and he/she will be able to download it.

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess so far things aren't working. I'm trying to help my daughter who is in another location submit a presentation type application for an internship in NYC. I thought maybe she could split the file into parts and e-mail them separately, but I guess she can't figure out how to break it up. She says the file share site has .limits too unless she joins for a monthly fee. I suggested she join, send her file, then quit at the end of the month.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Most sharing sites have 100 MB limits only and many are free. Ask her to try www.wikisend.com or dropbox.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I'll let you know if she was successful when she gets back to me this afternoon.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Ok..

Best Reagards,
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Or you can use this application to Split the PDF file to different parts and then email them : http://www.hjsplit.org/mac/

You have to use the same application to Join them too.
Ashik, Mac Helper
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just found out her file is over 800mb but she's going to try to use the hjsplit site, and even go to NYC tomorrow on the chance that someone will acceot it. Given the information you were given your help was satisfactory.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay...Then spilliting the file with the Splitter is best option here. She can split the files to 8 Parts, each of 100MBs with Splitter, then upload the files to filesharing websites like www.mediafire.com (Mediafire has a limit of 100MB for free accounts)

I'd recommend mediafire.com. She can create free account in Mediafire.com and in Mediafire, she can easily manage the files. She can even delete the files after sending it. Let me know if you have any questions..

Note : You have to put the all splitted parts in same folder/location to join them back to the single file. Also, she have the send the Splitter application to the person who receive the files, so he/she can join them.

If you are satisfied, please rate me Positively. If not, please let me know before rating.