Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I was always able to print sheet music from

I was always able to print sheet music from my desktop. Now it says I do not have the proper flash player. I don't understand what happened. It doesn't let me download anything from adobe. My desktop is Mac OS X 10.4.11. My laptop is the next level higher. HELP! I need to print this music!
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

First I need some information and I also want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Click on the first icon in the Dock the "Finder", then click on Go at the top of the screen, you will see a drop down menu, go to Utilities. When that opens double click on the application called Disk Utility. When Disk Utility opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.

Still there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You have already charged my Amex account $57.00 and my Adobe problem has not been resolved!!!!

I have two computers: a desktop 10.4.11, Processor: 1.8 GHz, Power PC

G5, Memory: 256MB DDR SDRAM

and a newer laptop: version 10.7.4. Processor: 2.4 GHz, Intel Core 15.

Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Neither computer seems to have adobe acrobat reader or flash player. I don't know the difference, or why I can't view certain links or print or download anymore.

I have been away and that's why I haven't responded till now.

Ok did you run the Disk Utility on both? The Power PC is too old to run flash so that will be a problem. Let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You are dealing with someone who is not adept at the computer. I can't remember your instructions so I think I clicked on the wrong thing in Utilities on the laptop. I haven't yet gone to the Finder on the desktop.

I did see flashplayer installer manager somewhere near Utilities on my laptop, but didn't click on it. I don't know how to view several screens at once in order to follow your directions correctly.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I haven't received a reply from my last entry of today. However, I can now view the youtube videos on my desktop, but not on my laptop. How can this be?

Because as I said the G4 does not support flash any longer. Did you find Disk Utility?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I found disk utility on both computers. Should I work with only one at a time?

Doesn't matter you can work on both.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

On desktop, I clicked Verify Disk. Results: "Volume passed verification."

On laptop, I clicked Verify Disk. Results: "The volume Macintosh HD appears to be okay." What now?

As I asked previously, how come I'm able to view youtube link e-mailed to me on my desktop, but not on my laptop??

One of my original problems was that I was suddenly unable to download & print sheet music from that I had always been able to do. I'm going to try to do that again now on my desktop and see if it has been resolved. I have not yet tried to download and print anything on my laptop. I'm not sure how to do that.

As I said twice now.... flash and YouTube won't work on the old G4. Go here on the newer Mac and install Flash:
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for being so patient. Youtube does seem to work on my desktop but not on my newer laptop, but let's drop that.

Also, I tried to install flash player on my laptop, but can't seem to do it.

So, I've devoted too much time to this and will have to try another day.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I trust that I won't be charged more than the original $1.00 plus $57.00 that have already appeared on my American Express bill.

I don't know anything about your account sorry.

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide OK Rating - or Above. Thanks. If not please Reply to Expert and let me know, I am here until we can fix the problem.
If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide OK Rating - or Above. Thanks. I am still here if you have any problems or questions.