Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Hi, my daughters ipod is disabled, prompt on screen in red,

Hi, my daughters ipod is disabled, prompt on screen in red, connected to itunes and ran through restore but not worked, still asking me for my passcode before we can connect to itunes! please help!
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Which model of iPod is this ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, ipod touch 8gb!!

You have to restore your iPod from iTunes on your computer. You can restore it by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode. DFU Mode is a mode which will allow you to restore your iPod to working condition. Put your iPod to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode and restore it from iTunes. Follow the steps below to put your iPod to DFU Mode;

• Connect the iPod to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPod Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPod in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPod will remain blank.

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, i have tried this and gone through the restore process to the end inwhich still says my ipod cannot connect to itunes?

Can you try to restore it from different computer ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will try, so it doesn't need to be sync to it first? Sorry I know very little about the ipod!!

Since it is disabled, you can't sync it until you restore it.
If that didn't work, then connect the iPod to the computer, press and hold down both Power button and home button at same until it shows a USB Cable Pointing to iTunes. iTunes will ask you to restore it. Click Yes or OK.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Extracting software!
Let it complete...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The ipod cannot be restored. The device cannot be found!

Did you tried from different computer ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, it is asking for software upgrade, so just doing this as it is a new router......
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, no still not let me restore.
At which stage does it shows the error ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when the restore process is complete it think,after it says it is extracting files....
Extracting is the first part, your computer is not allowing you to restore it. Can you restart your computer and try the DFU Mode restore again ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, it has a thin line acroos the screen of ipod, like a countdown, and says it is restoring ipod software on computer at the minute, i will let it run until it stops or restores!! Fingers crossed....
Thats a good sign. Let it complete....
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank You ! If you like my service, please rate me Positively.

Have a great day,