Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

RA Sha

Customer Question

In the middle of my ipad icloud backupis frozen. neither settings ior ignore will default.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Please explain a little more, I don't want to give an answer based on that.
What exactly was happening at the time of the freeze? I mean Was this at home, away from home? Were you doing anything else at the time?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Daniel, earlier in the evening I was playing solitaire. I moved from one room to another. Wanting to continue and in the middle of the screen it had that message.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Ok, then I suggest a reset, this is much like restarting your computer, clears many faults.

To reset the iPad press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons down until the Apple appears, ignore all other screens, then let go.
graphic
This does a system reset much like a restart of your computer does.

Make sure to wait for the Apple, do not use the red slider.
Or it will do nothing.

Should fix it and iCloud should backup normal. Could be due to a monetary service interruption that would go unnoticed normally.

Let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i am holding down the button and nothing appears.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,i am holding down the button and nothing appears.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
You have to hold both buttons at the same time. Keep them pressed until the Apple appears before letting go.