Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

IMac Computer & HP Color LaserJet 2605dn printer. My printer

IMac Computer & HP Color LaserJet 2605dn printer. My printer has suddenly "decided" to downsize the font when I print an email. It will print a webpage just fine & pdf files, but the emails in Apple Mail 4.5 are suddenly printing with a very small font.

Where do I find the settings to correct that?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

First I need some information and I also want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Click on the first icon in the Dock the "Finder", then click on Go at the top of the screen, you will see a drop down menu, go to Utilities. When that opens double click on the application called Disk Utility. When Disk Utility opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Mac OS X Version 10.6.8
Processor 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 3 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Verify Disk - Macintosh HD OK, green type

Repair Permissions is complete, per the "History" quite a number of repairs were made.

OK go to the Apple Logo to Software Update and let me know what it installs.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Checking for new software... still waiting for check to complete

Tried printing an email - width of page is restored, but the font is still very small.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Software is up to date... no new software is available at this time.
Ok go to System Preferences/ Print & Fax select your printer and then select the minus sign, then select the plus sign and add it back. Try printing.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Printing full page width, but still very small font size
In the print dialogue there is a button to keep font size:

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We GOT IT! Thank you!
Great!

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide OK Rating - or Above. Thanks. I am still here if you have any problems or questions.