Frederick S., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Worked with Mac OS X for two years as a support technician.

can i locate a persons whereabouts using my iphone? my wife and i share a verizon account.

can i locate a persons whereabouts using my iphone? my wife and i share a verizon account..she is an otr truck driver and i was wondering if i can locate her position using my iphone 4
Hi! My name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you! Do not forget to rate my answer quality before you go. Let's get started!

If you have --

a) iCloud set up on the phone; or

b) set up Find my iPhone on the device, and all of the following apply:

a) the device is still on and charged;
b) the device is in an area with Internet;
c) the device hasn't had the tracking features turned off;
d) the device is in an area with GPS (basically anywhere not deep within a building);

e) the iOS device hasn’t been erased;

f) you haven’t yet deactivated service for the iOS device

then you can go to

Sign in

Type your iCloud/MobileMe/Apple ID and password, then click on Find my iPhone to see its location, if it's on and accessible.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the IPhone...I want to locate my wifes droid phone...also a verizon this possible?

Do you need to track the device because the phone has been lost?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No. I just want to be able to know where she is at any given time...strictly a "I'm curious" situation...she drives from east coast to west coast and back and it would be nice to know where she is...

Then you can tell her to enable an option in Google Maps called Latitude. Once she enables it, she can share her location with specific people that she chooses, like you.

You can send a link to her phone so that she can set it up:

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There has been a commercial on tv with martin scorsece (sic) and it shows him asking siri to locate someones this the same thing?
Siri would be for iOS devices only

That's the "Find my Friends" features that is only available in the App Store for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch):

Latitude is cross-platform (iPhone and Android) and similar, yes.