Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

changed my password, now i cant log into my iphone or ipad

changed my password, now i cant log into my iphone or ipad to view mail, its says,
the user name or password XXXXX "imap.gmail.com" is incorrect. I know its fight i can sign into my desktop and work desktop, such not my iphone and ipad,
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
So if you go to gmail.com and sign in the user/pass works fine? Is all your email there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, still saying name or password XXXXX Gmail is incorrect

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
If you can't login to gmail.com then not much I can do. Is that the case?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, cant log on iphone or ipad, says its username or password XXXXX incorrect, but it allows me to sign into desktop, it states the "Gmail" is incorrect

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok you need to give me more information when posting please. So you CAN sign in to gmail.com and all your email is there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from my desktop YES, mail is there, when i sign on from the mobile devises, it states: the user name / password "imap.gmail.com" is incorrect
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok I asked you to delete the account on the phone and then set it up again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did that twice already on the ipad and iphone with the same response as indicated in my last response, is there any way we could talk over the phone about this problem, its so frustrating typing
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
No sorry not allowed. Are you sure you deleted the account first? On the iPad Hold the Sleep and Menu buttons together until you see the Apple Logo. Then delete the account and set it up again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

are you saying i should turn off the the ipad and iphone off completely and turn back on

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
No I said:
On the iPad Hold the Sleep and Menu buttons together until you see the Apple Logo. Then delete the account and set it up again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this might sound stupid but where is the sleep and menu buttons
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
No question is stupid please always ask.

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok my daughter just did it for me, its off, should i turn back on now
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes then go to Settings / Mail, Contacts & Calendars select the arrow to the right of your account and select Delete Account, then Add Account choose Gmail and put in your user/pass.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its worked on my ipad, im in -----still having problems with iphone
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok it is the same exact procedure on the iPhone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just shut off the iphone AGAIN, i now it works, so i have to say my problem has been resolved, thanks for your help
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Great!!!

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide OK Rating - or Above. Thanks. I am still here if you have any problems or questions.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.