Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  OSX certified, many years experience supporting Apple Hardware & Software
65126503

I would like to sync my work blackberry with my Macintosh.

Customer Question

I would like to sync my work blackberry with my Macintosh. What is the best way to proceed?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 2 years ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, i'll be happy to help with this issue

Steve Herrod :

can you let me know the model of the Blackberry

Steve Herrod :

and also the version of OSX installed?

Steve Herrod :

If you go to the Apple menu and choose About this Mac it should be listed there

Customer :

it's a bb curve and it is Mac OS X 10.5.8

Steve Herrod :

thanks

Steve Herrod :

is the Blackberry Desktop for Mac software installed on it?

Customer :

i hav tried it last year or so with Pocketmac but without success, to be honnest this is the first time I thought i try it again with your help

Steve Herrod :

ok - I think until recently Blackberry didn't really support OSX so Pocketmac was required

Steve Herrod :

but now they have released their Desktop Software

Steve Herrod :

just getting the link

Steve Herrod :

if you download and install that you should be able to sync

Customer :

great thank you. In the past I had issues also because i wanted to sync all the contacts but somehow there seems to be restrictions on what can be synced (it is a company bb, but all the contacts are mine).

Customer :

do you have a suggestions how to address this issue?

Steve Herrod :

it may depend on what policies your company has put on the device

Steve Herrod :

but what issues were you having with the syncing?

Steve Herrod :

did it not sync any contacts?

Customer :

correct, none of the contacts/emails were synced

Steve Herrod :

ok

Steve Herrod :

what e-mail application do you use on the Mac?

Customer :

Mail

Steve Herrod :

ok, Blackberry Desktop Sync will allow syncing of contacts between the blackberry and the apple mail address book

Steve Herrod :

it may have been some other issue with the previous setup

Steve Herrod :

although I've seen some pretty severe blackberry policies, being able to sync/backup contacts is pretty much a necessity

Customer :

ok, thank you very much. i will try and let you know

Steve Herrod :

you're welcome