Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

RA - ADI

Customer Question

Unlock my Mac Book Pro Cannot get on-line banking to function
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Can you clarify what is locked?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My online banking is the only problem as of now
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
What browser are you using and has it worked in the past?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm using Yahoo, works fine for everything else.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
There is no Yahoo browser please look at the top left of the screen next to the Apple logo what is listed there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry. Meant Safari.,
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Click on the first icon in the Dock the "Finder", then click on Go at the top of the screen, you will see a drop down menu, go to Utilities. When that opens double click on the application called Disk Utility. When Disk Utility opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Version 10.7.4, Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core 15, Memory 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok run the Disk Utility
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Your directions imm. above: Went well, the verify permissions (sic,) completed. Tried to get on line, took my PW OK, but will not get by
the message: processing your request" from the bank. Same original problem.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
So Verify Disk was OK in green type and then you Repaired Permissions? If so go here and download Firefox and try using that just to see:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

___
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes to the above. I have a security provided by Mac, have been told I do not need others. Do you still wish I download Firefox?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Yes but I don't know what you mean by " I have a security provided by Mac, have been told I do not need others". Some sites work with Safari some don't, it is just as secure or your bank won't allow it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I downloaded Firefox. Next?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Open Firefox go to your bank's site and see if you can sign in and use it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why don't you answer my repeated plea re my problem yesterday of Mike the Tech:
Cannot unlock my computer to do online banking. Had long session yesterday, don't want to start over. Help
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
I haven’t heard back from you, my last post was: