Frederick S., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Worked with Mac OS X for two years as a support technician.

I have an app in the itunes app store, is there a way inside

I have an app in the itunes app store, is there a way inside my developer account to see what percentage of my users are using ios 5 and the other platforms? I am thinking of making my next build use a minimum of iOS4 but I want to see how many people I will be alienating if I do that thanks
Hi! My name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you! Do not forget to rate my answer quality before you go. Let's get started!

While there are no specific details that Apple will provide to developers that is an easy-to-use chart with live updates, the adoption rate is about 90% for each new iOS within six months. The latest now, of course, its iOS 5, so most likely, 90% are on iOS 5 now with a very small percentage on iOS 4, and almost no one on iOS 3.

Here's how the adoption rate normally looks:

1 month after release - 50% adoption rate
3 months after release - 70% adoption rate
6 months after release - 90% adoption rate

Here's a cool graph that shows that it's always around 2% of users that are on 3 (compiled using a number of reputable sources):

I would consider that statistically insignificant.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks that is a current graph showing 2% are on 3.0? please let me know
Yes; the data is from just a few months ago, but the rate of iOS 3 users hasn't changed in a long time. If anything, it's even below 2% now, closer to 1%.
And if I had to guess, the people who are still on 3.0 most likely don't even know how to update, much less even download an App.
Thank you!