Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I am using another user on my computer. My user appears to

I am using another user on my computer. My user appears to have frozen, but it hasn't. When I log on to my user, initially my desktop comes up, my outlook opens and i start to hear the emails coming in, then my screen goes black with a large white arrow cursor. I can move the cursor around, but I can't escape or do anything. I had a game luxor 5 on in the background while I was working on some files, and I feel it has something to do with this game.

I don't know how to delete this game from another user. I have changed the current user I am in to administrator so that I can do something if you can tell me what to do. Please help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, understood! Mac OS X version 10.7.4
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

We can try some basic troubleshooting steps and see if it works or not. First try Disk Utility.

• Turn off your Mac.
  • Turn in back on and immediately hold down Option at boot and select the “Recovery” disk at the boot menu
  • This will boot your Mac to XXXXX Utilities” menu
  • Select Disk Utility.
  • In Disk Utility, Repair your disk and Repair Permission

If that didn't worked, then reset the PRAM and NVRAM and also try to restart in Safe Mode.

Reset PRAM and NVRAM

1. Shut down your Mac
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times.
  6. Release the keys.

Restart in Safe mode

Make sure that the computer is shut down. Press the power button. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple and progress indicator. Let the Mac boot up...

Let me know if that didn't worked, so we continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc