Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Imac 10.7.4 and Ipad. Synced via Icloud. Have sold my Ipad

Customer Question

Imac 10.7.4 and Ipad. Synced via Icloud. Have sold my Ipad and therefore deleted all 1500 addresses in Ipad but missed that they also get deleted in Imac. No more addresses in Imac. My Imac is backed up via wirelss to a Time Machine. Restored the library/applicationsupport/addressbook folder but still no addresses in address book. Can someone help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name is Dustin, And I am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

Normally, when we run across an issue like this, what I would suggest is to reset your ipad as a new ipad.

And then, restore the ipad from you most recent icloud backup. As long as you did not save over your icloud backup, ( and you shouldnt have saved over it since you deleted the contacts and then sold the ipad)

then you could restore from the most recent backup, and then youd have all your missing addresses back.

But you no longer have the ipad, so my next question is.. do you have an iphone by chance, or an ipod ( one of the newer ones) ?