Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

i have a square next to my curser

Customer Question

i have a square next to my curser
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for choosing Justanswer, My name is Dan and I will be assisting you today.

When is the Square appearing next to your cursor? What are you doing on your imac when this happens? How long has this been going on?

Let me know.

Thank You, Dan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it starts right from the start up
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
How long has it been going on? What have you done so far to fix this issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just got it its a 24" intel imac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just got it today
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi can we speak on the phone
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No we are not able to call the customers from privacy issues. Lets try this and let me know if it stops.

SMC RESET

• Shut down the computer.
  • Unplug the computer's power cord and ALL peripherals.
  • Wait 15 seconds.
  • Attach the computers power cable.
  • Wait another 5 seconds and press the power button to turn on the computer.

PRAM RESET

• Shut down the computer.
  • Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  • Turn on the computer.
  • Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
  • Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  • Release the keys.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi
didn't work still there
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Did the mouse come with the Mac? Or what type of mouse is it the make and model?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
hi
yes i checked the mouse tried 3 differant ones
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can I get the model of your imac?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model 6.1 2.16 24 "
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why did you charge my debit card
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Go ahead and download the update for graphic card. CLICK HERE

Thank You, Dan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its not supported by this model
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
I am going to opt out and let another expert help you.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any apps open?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only safari
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Quit Safari does the square go away?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac6,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Boot ROM Version: IM61.0093.B07

SMC Version (system): 1.10f3

Serial Number (system): W8647075XA5

Hardware UUID: 00000000-000

os x10.6
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I thought you said you just got it, I assumed it was a new Mac? Go to the Apple logo to Software Update.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi
you didn't even fix my computer. "change the mouse"

This is not right. i will just go to my card co. and fix
it. this is frud. i will mention you on utube
bob
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what you are talking about I asked you to go to the Apple Logo to Software Update.